[OM] Re: Digital works on AC don't like batteries

Subject: [OM] Re: Digital works on AC don't like batteries
From: jking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 13:58:20 +0100 (BST)

> Sounds like it could be corrosion on the battery terminals. I know
> there's been tons of discussion on how to clean them. Seem to recall
> that a pencil eraser is one of the recommended methods.
> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

*plug*
If it is corrosion a product called deoxit from craig labs works realy
well and getting rid of it without wearing out the contacts and protects
against further oxidisation. It works great on hifi equipment too
improving the sound of a rusty Quad II valve amp
*end plug*

*disclaimer*
I use deoxit but have no connections to the company, exporters, importers etc
*disclaimer*

Regards
James