[OM] Dry Creek Photo Custom Lab Printer profiles for Photoshop

Subject: [OM] Dry Creek Photo Custom Lab Printer profiles for Photoshop
From: "Scott Gomez" <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 17:54:43 -0700
Dry Creek Photo has custom downloadable (free) printer profiles
available for lots of locations. The object of the profiles is to allow
digital photographers to send images--pre-profiled--to various labs and
get output that matches what they intended. This page has a general
discussion of the workflow, as well as *what to tell the lab*:

http://www.drycreekphoto.com/Frontier/using_printer_profiles.htm

This page contains the downloadable profiles, ordered by US state,
followed by some non-US locations.

http://www.drycreekphoto.com/Frontier/index.html

US residents may be pleasantly surprised to find that a number of Costco
locations (which generally have very reasonable prices) use the enhanced
profiles from Dry Creek.

The intent of the profiles is producing the best possible images from
the files the lab receives. Listed for each site having a profile is the
printer and the type of paper used. For example, my local Costco uses a
Noritsu 3011 and Fuji Crystal Archive paper in either Glossy or
Lustre/Matte surfaces.

It's probably worthwhile for those of you interested to follow the
various links on the pages referenced above in order to get a better
idea of the whole story. I tried only to highlight the most relevant
links. As soon as I get a shot out of my E-1 that I feel is worth a
large print, I intend to give this a try.

---
Scott Gomez