[OM] Re: Dry Creek Photo Custom Lab Printer profiles for Photoshop

Subject: [OM] Re: Dry Creek Photo Custom Lab Printer profiles for Photoshop
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 09:22:44 -0400
Scott, thanks for passing this along.

Custom profiles are what will likely put a lot of 'pro' labs out of
business.  When photographers can work on their own computer, tweak
images to conform to their vision, FTP them to a local Costco (or
equivalent) and pick up pretty much perfect prints later that day for
a price that is a fraction of what they paid their "old lab", the
handwriting is on the wall.

A while back I attended a seminar for professional photographers.
When the subject of printing was covered, someone broached this very
subject, alluding to the dreaded Walmart.  The presenter essentially
told him to sit down and shut up.

My concern is that some of the special services offered by the pro
labs will disappear along with them.

my two lux worth/ScottGee1