[OM] Re: Forgot the URLs!

Subject: [OM] Re: Forgot the URLs!
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 11:01:57 EDT
That's a good question, but also one that is difficult to answer. There are
users here who are quite fanatical in their love of their 85 (or 100). I've
always owned an 85 and I would never be without one. The size, focal length,
really smooth rendition of out of focus areas (bokeh) and just the right amount
of
'sharpness' make it my ideal portrait lens. Others feel the same about the
100, so, thankfully, there's no wrong choice for you.  As with any 25 to 35
year
old lens purchase, just check it out thoroughly and get a return privilege
from any seller.

Be careful on ebay, since many items are sold by a third party or a "store";
I much prefer buying from a private seller who actually owned and used the
equipment. A good place ( BEST place, IMO) to check for available items is
right
here on this list!

George S.

alfredo_pag@xxxxxxxx writes:
I'm beginning to search eBay for a moderate telephoto, what is in your
experience best, 85 or 100?