[OM] Re: New Base for OM Lenses

Subject: [OM] Re: New Base for OM Lenses
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 09:40:59 -0700
I read somewhere that a full size sensor cost considerable over a
$1000 each compared to less than a $100 for an APS sized sensor. So
sticking the large sensor into a modified 20D body was not a bad
option. Actually I expected it to be in a plastic body. :-)

Since sensor cost is almost geometrically proportional to physical
size, Olympus is getting by pretty cheap.

Dust is not a big problem with other cameras.  It is a small problem
that is easily remedied with a occasional cleaning just like you do
with a lens.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA