[OM] Re: New Base for OM Lenses

Subject: [OM] Re: New Base for OM Lenses
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 11:15:43 -0700
Several times there have been slips in interviews with Nikon
executives that FF is not ruled out, just not now. But on the other
side they have aggressively built lenses for the DX sized sensor.
That makes me think that most of their cameras will be smaller
format. The tardiness of Canon in introducing reduced format lenses
and then only in low priced "consumer" lines makes me think that they
have intended to make most of their DLSR cameras full frame
eventually. Hard to get the price of that big sensor down though.

People, including pros, seem to buy megapixels though. There is no
magazine large enough to require more than 4 MP in a full spread even
with judicious cropping, but they jumped on that 8MP Canon EOS 1D mk
II. As the count goes up further makers with smaller sensors are
going to be at a distinct disadvantage unless people get rational
about what they need.

That's going to happen. :-)

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA