[OM] Re: New Base for OM Lenses

Subject: [OM] Re: New Base for OM Lenses
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 19:02:32 -0400
You apparently haven't read the article.  The 20D is not mentioned since
the article was written 2 years before it was announced.  The comment
about the 20D is my own interpolation of the data.  Please take the time
to read it before knocking down the conclusion.

The article compares output from the 1Ds (11 MP) to Fuji Velvia rated at
ISO 40 and scanned on an Isomet 405HR drum scanner as well as a 3200 ppi
Imacon.  From the images presented the 1Ds image is clearly superior to
the Imacon scan and fully equal to the drum scan.

The images are there for you to see.  Either he lied or the 1Ds at 11 MP
is the equal of a 6x7 negative at far less cost.  It took the high cost
drum scan to equal (not beat) the digital image.

Chuck Norcutt
http://www.chucknorcutt.com/