[OM] Re: New Base for OM Lenses

Subject: [OM] Re: New Base for OM Lenses
From: <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 18:39:11 -0500
> If you're shooting 35mm film the 20D (8MP) has already passed you by.
> If you're shooting 6x7 the 1Ds (11MP) passed you by almost 3 years ago.
>    Hard to believe?  Look at the data presented here:
> <http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/shootout.shtml>
First, I would hardly call Luminous Landscape an impartial wource. Although
there is a lot of good info there, he is a tireless promoter of Canon
digital.

I've not compared results of the 1Ds, but I have with the 20, and it is a
fine camera. Just don't depend on it to resolve fine detail.

Again, I refer you to Steve Troy's previous posts on this subject. For those
of us that don't shoot people, there remains room for improvement. For
weddings, protraits, events, etc. those cameras are fine. To suggest the 20D
betters film is hard to stand behind.

Bill Pearce