[OM] Re: New Base for OM Lenses

Subject: [OM] Re: New Base for OM Lenses
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 20:38:34 -0400
bs.pearce@xxxxxxx wrote:

>><http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/shootout.shtml>
>
> First, I would hardly call Luminous Landscape an impartial wource. Although
> there is a lot of good info there, he is a tireless promoter of Canon
> digital.
>
> I've not compared results of the 1Ds, but I have with the 20, and it is a
> fine camera. Just don't depend on it to resolve fine detail.
>
> Again, I refer you to Steve Troy's previous posts on this subject. For those
> of us that don't shoot people, there remains room for improvement. For
> weddings, protraits, events, etc. those cameras are fine. To suggest the 20D
> betters film is hard to stand behind.

I understand full well that Reichmann is often a Canon mouthpiece.  But
I don't believe that extends to falsification of the images presented.
I accept the test results for what they are.  And if anyone would
actually bother to read from the link I have posted you will see that
the subject material is a detailed architectural shot and not a portrait.

If the results presented are not accurate and do not prove the case for
resolution (at least) what is wrong with them?  Why is the test invalid?

Chuck Norcutt
http://www.chucknorcutt.com