[OM] Re: Forgot the URLs!

Subject: [OM] Re: Forgot the URLs!
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 09:12:55 EDT

In a message dated 8/23/2005 1:49:59 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
alfredo_pag@xxxxxxxx writes:

What do  You means for "different"?

Different in this case is both a subjective and objective  evaluation.   Both
Zuikos are small, light and in the case of the 85mm  somewhat brighter than
each of the other three.  I cannot speak of the  Cosina, as I've never seen
one.  The Tamron SP 90mm f2.5 is a lens I use  frequently and it is heavier ,
larger and slightly slower (f2.5 vs f2).  My  sense of the two lenses are that
with the 85mm f2 I get a little softer image  away from the center section when
shooting portraits wide open and that is how I  use this lens fairly often.
The 85mm f2 Zuiko does not focus as close as  the Tamron, Tokina or Vivitar
each of which is a macro lens, however I will  frequently put an extension tube
on the Zuiko for close up work.  Don't get  me wrong, I have both lenses (the
Tamron SP 90mm and the 85mm Zuiko) and I tend  to use them for different
things.  The Zuiko goes with me anytime I'm doing  portraits or working a
social
event such as a party.  The Tamron is an  incredibly sharp lens that will get
used much of the time when I'm doing close  up nature stuff.  You will like
both
lenses and if you had both you would  probably favor each one for different
reasons and for different subject  matter.  I doubt this information will help
you make a decision, however if  you hang around this list long, it may become
an issue of which one you buy  first as you will be encourage to spend all you
extra cash on things Olympus and  things Zuiko.  That is not all bad. Bill
Barber