[OM] Re: New Base for OM Lenses

Subject: [OM] Re: New Base for OM Lenses
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 11:35:16 -0400
AG Schnozz wrote:

> And for wedding/portrait work, which we both do, we agree that
> the higher resolution is pretty much a waste.  He figures he
> needs four years of use from his camera system to break even.
> The C*non upgrade treadmill is causing a lot of professionals to
> lose a lot of money.
>
> More than once he's looked at my E-1 and said "how much did you
> pay for that?"  I remind him that my investment is proportional
> to my income, though.  At which point his wife says "income?"

There's no question but, for what I do, the E-1 and 14-54 alone could do
85% of my photography and help stay off the upgrade treadmill.  However,
the fast focus, low light focus, high ISO performance and high sync
speed of the 20D are still a siren song for me.  But I haven't committed
either way so far.

Chuck Norcutt