[OM] Re: OM2-SP Troubleshooting

Subject: [OM] Re: OM2-SP Troubleshooting
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 14:08:04 -0400
Pschings@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Sounds like batteries. Even if the battery check says they are ok, they might
> not be. Try fresh Eveready 357's

As the owner of two 2Sp's I'll add my voice to the chorus of "sounds
like batteries".  Eveready 357's are best as Paul points out but any
silver oxide (not alkaline) battery should be OK.  I do have one concern
which is that, to my experience, low batteries will see the mirror
released but will not leave the shutter hanging open.

When changing batteries just make sure they're fresh and keep in mind
that what you pick up off the retailer's shelf may not be fresh.  First,
try cleaning the battery contacts with a pencil eraser as was noted here
a day or two ago on another piece of equipment.  If that doesn't work
get a replacment set of batteries.  If it still doesn't work then go to
a different store and buy another set.  Only after the contacts are
clean and two different lots of silver oxide batteries have failed
should you assume it's something more serious.

Chuck Norcutt