[OM] Re: New Base for OM Lenses

Subject: [OM] Re: New Base for OM Lenses
From: alfredo pagliano <alfredo_pag@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 21:43:00 +0200
In my opinion the E-2 (E-3?) should sport 10 Mp, this does mean a
straight 30 X 40 print @ 300 DPI.

More than enough for most user, ever professional ones.

The telecentric design of the digital zuikos enables an excellent
performance over the complete sensor surface, and this is a great
advantage.

Tried on an old EOS 1D of a friend my Distagon 28 f/2.8 trough an
adapter and experienced high vignetting and loss of image sharpness at
about 80% of the radius, and the lens is not to blame.

A digital back for and OM-4 vould be really nice, but, since the sensor
should be protected from the low-pass UV filter, like the LEICA design,
don't expect a full frame sensor.

Some two years ago, I did read about a company called, "Digital Film"
preparing digital backs for some old film cameras, anyone can tell me
something about them?

Alfredo

http://mail.yahoo.it