[OM] Re: New Base for OM Lenses

Subject: [OM] Re: New Base for OM Lenses
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 18:39:15 -0700
Chuck Norcutt wrote:

>So the next question is how good are the very wide lenses on full frame
>digital sensors?  I don't recall seeing any coverage of that.  Do we run
>into the problem of not having "telecentric" lenses as Oly maintains?

I think that is the issue that brought the 1Ds folks to Zeiss and Zuiko
super wide lenses. A part of the problem, certainly not all, turns out
to be Can*n super wide lenses. Certainly the tests posted by Mike Hatam
of the 21/3.5 looked great on the 1Ds full frame. I've lost track of the
site, though...

Moose