[OM] girl with digital camera

Subject: [OM] girl with digital camera
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 09:18:49 -0300
This is a shot I took two days ago, taken not too far from here, from a
small ferry boat that crosses between two islands in the Bay of Fundy.

Her style of photography is pretty much the norm for most people now. A
whale surfaced nearby a few times, and dolphins were surfacing around the
boat as well. I suspect the girl with her digital was having about as much
luck as I was capturing them. Shutter lag, even on my C5050, pretty much
makes that impossible. The thought struck me that capturing the decisive
moment is pretty much a thing of the past for most amateur photograhers, as
most of them will never buy or carry the newer DSLR's. The shift to digital
brings some advantages, and some disadvantages I guess.

Wayne