[OM] Re: Sensor size and shape, was: New Base for OM Lenses

Subject: [OM] Re: Sensor size and shape, was: New Base for OM Lenses
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 07:13:25 -0700 (PDT)
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> What's to keep Canon or someone else
> with a full frame autofocus lens line from producing a 5:7
> (24x33.6mm) or 3:4 (24x32mm) ratio sensor but one which uses
> the full 24mm height of 35mm film?

Nothing.  Wouldn't it be great if you could take a group
portrait and not slap your forehead because you can't get it to
crop to an 8x10 without chopping people in half?  Of is that
just me that does that with 35mm cameras.

> So, here's a question.  Is the image circle design point of
> 4/3 lenses large enough to accommodate anti-shake or will E-3
> users have to buy new IS lenses?

I predict Olympus will implement an electronic
image-stabilization with no moving parts.  It'll use some form
of underscanning like what is done with video cameras.

AG

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs