[OM] Re: Telecentricity

Subject: [OM] Re: Telecentricity
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 09:06:20 -0700
I don't think anyone tested on full frame digital since Nikon does
not make such a camera. It is very good on Nikon digital or 35mm film.

I understand from some discussions I have read by people who know
something about lens design that placement of the exit pupil is an
important consideration for digital. For instance the rear element of
the 17-35 is 40mm from the sensor, but the exit pupil is 100mm from
the sensor.

I think that another consideration is the design of the sensor and
microlenses as well. The Kodak SLR/n which took Nikon lenses did not
produce as good results with them as the Nikon cameras did even when
the images were cropped to the same areas that would be captured by
the Nikon sensor.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA