[OM] Re: OK, I did it. There will be at least one Zuikohead at the APUG

Subject: [OM] Re: OK, I did it. There will be at least one Zuikohead at the APUG C...
From: Andrew Dacey <adacey@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 13:11:06 -0300
On 8/24/05, Bruce Nolting <bruce@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Same here.  Film is definitely still king in my world.  Especially for
> B&W, but even my color work starts out as slides and transparencies.
> Then I get a hi-res scan and go digital from there.  B&W is all done in
> a real darkroom, and that's what I've been spending more and more of my
> time on.  I'll be sticking with my OM's fo a long, long time.  And my MF
> stuff and 4x5, of course.

Yes, I can't wait to get back into the darkroom this fall. Re-taking a
B&W photo continuing education course at the local art college so that
I can get access to the facilities (also plan to attend the classes
because I find I still get stuff out of them). In the summer 2004 I
started printing on fibre and I haven't had the chance to do any more
since then so I'm really looking forward to that.

I'm eyeing my contact sheets from my trip to SE Asia gleefully (got
the film processed at the pro lab and just had them do contacts for
me). I was working with 2 OM-1n's while travelling, 1 with Fuji NPS
and the other with Tri-X. I had way more colour film than B&W with me
so I tended to shoot most of the stuff in colour but when I saw
something that would really work in B&W I had that option. Because my
B&W shots were much more thought out I've got a lot of promising
looking negs to work with.