[OM] Re: Telecentricity

Subject: [OM] Re: Telecentricity
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 16:38:47 -0400
ClassicVW@xxxxxxx wrote:

> I know it's been discussed, and I came to this discussion late...  I was
> commenting on the seemingly large enough mount size, not the glass design. I
> apologize if I iam nferring something that's not correct. I thought the mount
> was
> wide enough to possibly cover future 35mm size sensors. Something that could
> possibly change with future changes in sensor design?

Check pages 9 and 10 of the following 4/3 system PDF
<http://www.four-thirds.com/pdf/FourThirdsSystem.pdf>

Note the emphasis on the mount diameter being twice the image circle.
Also, do not be confused by the statement "This gives wide adaptability
among a variety of image sensors".  This may sound like Olympus could
release a different size sensor (and they could) but since the 4/3
standard defines the size of the image circle the only freedom they have
is changing the shape of the rectangle or making the sensor square.
They must stay constrained to the defined image circle size.

Chuck Norcutt