[OM] Re: Scott's totally subjective 'new E-1' report [windy]

Subject: [OM] Re: Scott's totally subjective 'new E-1' report [windy]
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 14:29:20 -0700 (PDT)
> The reason for so many focus points is not to completely take
> you out of the equation. Some camera makers call the 4 way
> rocker switch on the back of the camera the "Focus point
> selector". It is your way of selecting your sharpest point of
> focus in the picture.

I find that the AF+MF is really the way to go.  It takes me a
whole lot less time to let the camera "guess" the focus and me
to override it with the focus ring on the lens.

Otherwise, the camera is nothing but a costly point-and-shoot.

Isn't it funny how many hoops we have to jump through (4-way
rocker switch or dials to select focus points) to disable the
artifical intelligence of these cameras?

Most of my cameras have a really good focus-point selector:
It's a ring on the lenses.

Sometimes the solution is just too obvious.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com