[OM] Re: Telecentricity

Subject: [OM] Re: Telecentricity
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 18:09:45 -0700
David Carter wrote:

>Would shining a light through a lens onto a bit of paper placed the same
>distance away from the lens as the sensor is, work?

Well, if you extend the idea to some kind of optical bench where you can
have a subject with fine detail in it and a way to view the image detail
at the focal plane.

When I refer to image circle diameter, I mean not just the area which
will be illuminated by light shining through the lens, but the diameter
within which high image quality is maintained. Any given lens may or may
not sharply cut off the image circle at that point. Also, the subject
must be large enough to fill the entire expanded field of view to be tested.

Moose