[OM] Re: scanning medium format

Subject: [OM] Re: scanning medium format
From: jking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 16:18:14 +0100 (BST)

slightly off olympus topic but I recently started going medium format and
am looking for a slide scanner recommendation with IR channel
I was looking at the nikon coolscan 9000ed but this side of the atlantic
the very cheapest I have seen it new is in excess of 1500 pounds and from
more reputable sources closer to 1700.

The minolta offerings seem out because they use software interpolation on
everything larger than 35mm to get to full resolution - this is hidden in
the specs on their web site and I am not overly impressed with the minolta
5400 mark 1

Regards
James