[OM] Re: New Base for OM Lenses

Subject: [OM] Re: New Base for OM Lenses
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 15:22:11 +0000
Well, folks, so much for that bright idea.  My Epson 3200 scanner, while good
enough to make MF scans that turn into tack-sharp, grainless 8x10 and 11x14
prints on the Epson Stylus 2200, just isn't good enough to capture the fine
detail I can plainly see with even an 8X loupe, much less what's apparent with
a 20X loupe.  This is why I still have a real darkroom.

I suppose, after making a 3200 dpi scan of the whole negative or tranny on the
Epson, I could cut the film up into pieces that would fit into the Minolta 5400
in order to dig out more detail for the extreme blow-ups of the teeny-weenie
parts.  But it just ain't worth the effort.  I've got more fun things to do in
my retirement.  Anyway, it gets tiresome always being right and boring proving
it.  :-)

I'll rest my case on the fact that Sports Illustrated, with unimaginable
resources, including the finest in digital gear, still shoots the swimsuit
issue on film with a Mamiya RZ67.  Maybe they just don't know any better.

As for round tuits, we have several.  For some reason, the people who know us
best give them to us.  Why is that? I wonder.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --