[OM] Re: Sensor size and shape, was: New Base for OM Lenses

Subject: [OM] Re: Sensor size and shape, was: New Base for OM Lenses
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 13:17:22 -0400
It has occurred to me that E-1 screens could probably use 2:3 aspect
ratio lines to show how 4x6 prints will be cropped.

On a related subject (and definitely not referring to folks on this
list), cropping and aspect ratios are difficult subjects for many people
to comprehend.  The don't seem to understand that any given photo can't
necessarily be made into any size print.  I've also spoken to a number
of digital P&S users and asked them about how their images are getting
cropped when their 3:4 aspect ratio prints get printed on 4x6 paper.

They have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about even after I try to
explain it to them.  My wife is one of them.  She'd tell you she
understands now but that is only to get me to quite trying to explain :-)

Chuck Norcutt