[OM] Re: Firmware update procedure?

Subject: [OM] Re: Firmware update procedure?
From: "Daniel Sepke" <dan@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 13:29:15 -0400
Hi Paul,

I had the same sort of problem initially with my E-1. I ended up emailing
Olympus who instructed me to download the newest version of Viewer and the
Windows XP driver. Without the driver it did not detect the camera in
Viewer.

HTH, Dan S.

From: olympus-owner@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:olympus-owner@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Paul Braun
Subject: [OM] Firmware update procedure?

I tried to update the firmware in my E1 last night.  I'm connected
via firewire to my XP box.  Opened up Viewer, clicked on the "update"
option, and it kept telling me that no camera was found.
Yet, it shows up in Explorer and I was able to download the images,
so it is recognized by Windows.
Is there a configuration menu option that I'm missing somewhere?  I'm
at work right now, so I can't try it until I get home.
Thanks.
Paul Braun