[OM] Re: ZD 35-100mm f2 Review

Subject: [OM] Re: ZD 35-100mm f2 Review
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 13:52:54 -0700 (PDT)
> I don't think so - go to the Olympus DSLR and Open Talk forums
> at dpreview.com and look at all the ugly stuff going on
> there. Luckily, this list is quite different than that
> madhouse.

Imposters and posers.  This list has always been the hiding
place of the serious Zuikoheads.  We've been known to gather at
places around the world with cameras and film.  If you were to
meet up with some of the dpreview types you'll probably get your
head thumped and your gear stolen.

Maybe it's because many of us here are "packing".  Tranquility
usually abounds when you know that your neighbor has a 9-mil
along with his 35mm.

I also liken this list to a campfire.  You've got multiple
conversations going on, some on-topic, many not.  You can kinda
listen to a conversation while participating in another.  I
think another aspect is the high percentage of down-under folks.
Their upside-down logic just kinda diffuses tensions.

I'd say that with the E-system, we've gotten more "on-topic"
(ie, olympus cameras) than we have for maybe a half-dozen years.
 Maybe it's "the age of discovery" all over again.  But it's
been years since we've had the dynamic that we currently have.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com