[OM] Re: Adapter from Poland, was: Re: Aftermarket MA-1 adapters spotted

Subject: [OM] Re: Adapter from Poland, was: Re: Aftermarket MA-1 adapters spotted
From: alfredo pagliano <alfredo_pag@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 01:51:09 +0200
Some time ago, I purchased on eBay a Zeiss-canon adapter.

I don't remember, but was a chinese who had a lot of other models, it
was cheap, sorry, inexpensive, about 70 USD and the best made adapter I
ever tried, being made of nickel-plated brass, instead of anodized
aluminium, with very tight tolerances.

I had purchased one made from Torralba, but had to return it back,
since it could'nt fit well the bayonet of my lenses.
Torralba, whose correctness is exemplar, refunded me the amount
sustained for the adapter.

Moreover anodized aluminium has the tendency to release through use
finely divided oxide powder, that sensors, even those with ultrasonic
clenaning, don't like very much.

The eBay username of the vendor was: big_is and it's in my opinion
worth checking if You search and adapter.

No connection, of course

Alfredo

On Aug 26, 2005, at 1:31 AM, Bernard Frangoulis wrote:

>> Dorothée Rapp schrieb:
>>
>>> I inquired a little. It*s the one made in Poland. looks ugly for a
>>> start, needs just a little polishing (it's made from aluminium) and
>>> is
>>> fully functional.
>>>

> BTW, I have recently bought the Nikon adapter
> made by the same company (foto-akcesoria in
> Lublin). I wanted to try out a Sigma 8mm for
> Nikon on my E-1. For 50 EUR, this adapter is much
> less expensive than the one sold by CameraQuest
> (USD 175).
>
> The adapter is really a rather cheap affair, made
> of aluminium, not very solid perhaps. No problem
> with a smallish lens such as my Sigma 8mm, but I
> might not trust a 300mm on this thing.
>
> In addition, at least with my Sigma 8mm, it is
> impossible to remove the adapter ring from the
> lens without mounting the ring+lens on the E-1
> body first, because I cannot grasp the ring with
> sufficient force to make it rotate otherwise -
> thus the effort is placed on the E-1 lens mount,
> which is very strong, but... better maybe not to
> do this everyday.
>
> Nevertheless, the adapter ring functions pretty
> well. The diaphragm of my Sigma 8mm closes when
> the diaphragm ring is rotated, just like the OM
> lenses when used on the E-1 with the Olympus OM
> adapter.
>
> So... do I regret my purchase? Not at all. For a
> single, small lens, this is a great option, and
> the CameraQuest adapter is far too expensive. But
> for a big lens, beware, this thing does not look
> very strong. And if you wish to use several Nikon
> lenses, you had better buy one adapter for each,
> because removing the adapter is not easy (which
> might also be a good thing, actually: there is no
> play in the assembly!).
>
> Bernard
> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

Yahoo! Messenger: chiamate gratuite in tutto il mondo
http://it.beta.messenger.yahoo.com