[OM] So there I was at the camera store

Subject: [OM] So there I was at the camera store
From: Dan Mitchell <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 20:17:04 -0600
(literally, The Camera Store, that's what it's called) looking for a CF
card, and I was curious as to what they had in their cabinet for E1
stuff. Turns out they had the LWMNBN in there..

  First thought -- it's not actually as big as I'd expected, I initially
thought that it was the 11-22 because I couldn't see any markings on it,
and with a hood on most lenses look the same as one another.

  Second, with the hood _off_, whoa, that's some serious glass in the
front. Looking through it is weird, the inside of a camera shop doesn't
really give much of a sense of width until I took my eye away from the
camera and noticed that I was seeing things _way_ off to the sides.

  Thirdly, no, I didn't buy it -- but now I know where to go of a
lunchtime if I feel like drooling..

  --dan