[OM] Re: [Way OT] Diet, how'd we get here from telecentricity?

Subject: [OM] Re: [Way OT] Diet, how'd we get here from telecentricity?
From: Earl Dunbar <edunbar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 06:41:47 -0400
Garth:  Thanks for that... I was going to make a similar comment about
the diet not being for everyone, though your detail was valuable.

I'll revise my statment (and apologize) ... not that the diet itself is
a scam, but that its marketing and/or promotion as THE diet for everyone
who needed to lose wait was the scam.

Chuck, I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion that you should do
what you did, but I'd say that after having a triple bypass it was a
pretty amazing, even courageous decision, and I applaud you ... and am
really glad for the results.

One thing I noted was that you said, "good red meat" ... with the
emphasis on "good" for me.  IOW, it's the same "old" story:  quality is
very important.

I do agree with Garth about it not being a "diet" for everyone.  It
likely wouldn't work for me.  At one point in my life when I lost a lot
of weight, I ate plenty of carbs.  My cholesterol issues are genetic, so
meds make the difference.  I haven't tried an extensive regime of
dietary control and herbs, etc., to see if I could replace the Lipitor,
but I might look into that.

Sorry for the OT thread.  When I've had various medical procedures,
Olympus optics were used.  ;-)

Earl