[OM] Re: [Way OT] Diet, how'd we get here from telecentricity?

Subject: [OM] Re: [Way OT] Diet, how'd we get here from telecentricity?
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 13:53:13 +1000
Careful - as I understand it, the Inuit have an additional liver
enzyme that allows them to live on a diet that would definitely kill
the rest of us in about six months. This type of racial variation is
not unusual - note that about one third of Japanese cannot process
alcohol adequately because they lack an enzyme and Australian
Aborigines can often reverse mid-life onset diabetes by reverting to
a native 'bush tucker' diet (that is, the type of diabetes that isn't
normally reversible). So these types of generalisations are very
dangerous indeed.
Of course, if you want to try an exclusive diet of raw salmon and
seal blubber with just a few berries in the spring, be my guest.
Maybe you could make a movie about it called 'Supergrease Me' :)
AndrewF