[OM] Re: OT: How much should I refund this eBay buyer?

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: How much should I refund this eBay buyer?
From: alfredo pagliano <alfredo_pag@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 07:40:42 +0200
to me it seems to be very fair, Gary

When buying from U.S., I usually ask for USPS Global priority, or
Global Express, if I do need insurance, I have found them to be much
fast, on their way to italy, faster and cheaper than UPS or FeDex, who
end charging high parcels for often non existing custom duties, their
tipical parcel is: custom duties 3 euros, our expenses to undergo
custom duties: 35 euros!
Hope this may help on future shipments.

Alfredo

On Aug 27, 2005, at 1:25 AM, Gary Teller wrote:

> I'd appreciate hearing/reading some opinions on whether or not you
> think my
> proposed refund offer is fair.  Here's the basic facts.  Let me state
> at
> the beginning that all correspondence has been friendly or civil-no
> anger
> or threats.  Nor has feedback been left by either of us.
>
> 6/11/05 Auction for Olympus 35 RC and Vivitar 100 flash ended with
> winning
> bidder in France.  Auction was clearly marked AS IS and not subject to
> my
> return policy.  Sold AS IS because of disclosed scratches on
> lens.  Otherwise in excellent working condition.
>
> 6/12/05  I sent an invoice to the winner
>
> 6/13/05  Received notice of payment from PayPal
>
> 6/13/05  Received an e mail from winner telling me payment made and
> that he
> is leaving France at the end of the week and would appreciate my
> sending
> camera asap.
>
> 6/13/05  Shipped camera and flash via insured Airmail Parcel Post.
> Terms of
> auction say foreign shipments go either by Air Letter Post without
> insurance or Air Parcel Post with insurance.  Buyer chose the Parcel
> Post
> option.  I e mailed buyer same day notifying that shipment made and
> that US
> Postal Service estimates transit time of 4-10 days.
>
> 6/21/05 Received e email from buyer asking for tracking number and
> telling
> me he leaves for Venezuela in three days and wants to be sure he will
> have
> the camera before then.  I replied same day and told him tracking
> numbers
> are not issued for this type of shipment.  I also noted that the cost
> for
> sending a traceable package is prohibitive for most buyers.
>
> 7/24/05 Received the following e mail from buyer:
>
> I am back from Venezuela.....without the camera. It
> arrived after my departure. At my return, I went to
> the post office and they said the camera was back to
> the sender in USA, so to you.
>
> Given that I have found an alternative to be able to
> take pictures in Venezuela, I do not need the Olympus
> anymore as you can imagine. So I do not want you to
> send it again to me, I would prefer you to pay me back
> the amount I paid to you in June.
>
> Sorry for this but the shipment has been too long.
>
> Thanks in advance for your understanding and for the
> confirmation you agree.
>
> 7/24/05 I sent the following reply:
>
> I'm sorry to learn the camera did not arrive before your departure to
> Venezuela.  As I mentioned in a previous e mail, the U.S. Postal
> Service
> does not guarantee a specific transit time for packages mailed to other
> countries.  It is unfortunate that I was not made aware of your pending
> [...]

Yahoo! Messenger: chiamate gratuite in tutto il mondo
http://it.beta.messenger.yahoo.com