[OM] Constructive criticism wanted...

Subject: [OM] Constructive criticism wanted...
From: Philip Pemberton <philpem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 18:06:40 +0100
Hi,
  I've just got my holiday photos back, and I've noticed a bit of a problem
on most of the negatives.
  All of the photos I took where the subject was between 4m and 10m away are
hopelessly out of focus, even though they appeared to be perfectly in focus
in the viewfinder. I didn't use the prism or "image slicer" focus aids,
because they don't seem to work very well on my OM10 for some reason
(especially in very light/very dark conditions). Aperture was full-open (f1.8
for the shots taken with my Zuiko 50mm, f4 for the ones I did with the Tokina
80-200) due to low light conditions. Most of the time, the exposure metering
came up with stupid figures (1/250 in the middle of a dark woodland area, I
think not) so I set the camera on 1/60. Camera is an Olympus OM-10 with
Winder 2 (I want an OM2sp!).
  I've uploaded some of the photos to
<http://www.philpem.castlecore.com/gallery/> (in the Scotland album),
with more to come just as soon as my Epson 2400 scans them and I tweak the
colour correction a little. I really do need to get a negative scanner, but
I've been promising myself an OM2sp for ages... hm... decisions, decisions.
  IMHO, 07A is probably the worst and 16A is probably somewhere near the
best. Or rather it would have been if it were a little lighter, but that's
more or less what it looked like in real life...

  I'm going to stop waffling on about nothing in particular now, otherwise
this message will never get sent :)

Thanks.
--
Phil.                              | Acorn RiscPC600 SA220 64MB+6GB 100baseT
philpem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx              | Athlon64 3200+ A8VDeluxe R2 512MB+100GB