[OM] Re: Constructive criticism wanted...

Subject: [OM] Re: Constructive criticism wanted...
From: iddi <iddibhai@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 13:23:39 -0700
On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 10:06:40 -0700, Philip Pemberton
<philpem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>   I've uploaded some of the photos to
> <http://www.philpem.castlecore.com/gallery/> (in the Scotland album),

Did you use a flash, perchance? The green leaves lower right seem very
hot, and it also looks like some reflections of the bark of the main tree.
In any case, assuming the camera meter is operating normally, in such
tricky lighting areas, I like to meter the palm of my hand *as long as it
in the same or very close lighting conditions given the dappled light
here* and open up one stop. Your palm, regardless of skin tone, is very
close to 1 stop away from 18%, so this work well. Second, if the shutter
speeds drop then brace the camera against a tree or branch or something
firm (if elastic, like a springy branch, keep it under tension). I've done
that a few times, and depending on how patient and smooth you are, some
decent results can be had.

What's the flare-looking area bottom fifth of 10A?

--
/S