[OM] Re: Some more extremly disturbing skintones...

Subject: [OM] Re: Some more extremly disturbing skintones...
From: "Marc Lawrence" <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 09:15:29 +1000
> Bill Pearce wrote:
> In his defense, Feron isn't the photographer....

Further in his defence, :-) I notice that a lot of the work
follows a current hip-hop trend for plasticcy, chromed,
highly-saturated tones prevalent most obviously amongst
hip-hop videos and their ilk (must...resist...chance...to
...use...the....word..."bling"...again). If you look at
these videos (think 'Destiny's Child'/Beyonce...who I
think feature on this Feron's webpage), you'll see loads
of plasticcy skin and enhanced suntans, overbright
eyes and teeth. I tend to think along the lines of
Japanese anime when I see them - life imitating
animation. Mind you, Beyonce doesn't look too bad with
it...

...anyway, the point is, he's probably working to a decent
demand from fans and emulators. If you did a shot like
that of me, I'd look like an adult Astroboy sans a shave,
shower, sobriety and sanity. It's not my cup of tea, that's
for sure.

Cheers,
Marc
Sydney, Oz