[OM] Re: [Way OT] Diet, how'd we get here from telecentricity?

Subject: [OM] Re: [Way OT] Diet, how'd we get here from telecentricity?
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 11:00:33 +1000
'fraid not - it's just one of those things that zipped past in the
last thirty years and I prolly got it wrong anyhow. I assumed that it
was to do with the synthesis of vitamins like C which wouldn't be
adequately available in their diet. Possibly it was a more refined
level of urban myth.
I defer to your much greater knowledge but I'm still not going to try
it - I suspect that the fact that the meat was raw is critical and
while i quite like steak tartare and sashimi, I have my limits. I
still remember that scene in 'Never Cry Wolf' where the research
biologist Farley Mowatt tests the possibilities of a vulpine diet of
blended whole mice on himself. Hmmmm.
AndrewF