[OM] Re: Kiron 105 vs Zuiko 80

Subject: [OM] Re: Kiron 105 vs Zuiko 80
From: Wim Verheyen <aemit@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 16:47:35 +0200

I only have the Kiron, not any Olympus macro lenses.
But having the Kiron, I never felt the need to get macro Olys.
Without extension rings or adapters or other extras it goes from
infitinity to 1:1,
and it does it extremely well, at least to my eyes, I have no
objective data (and don't need to).
It's quite fast (2.8), so it comes in handy as a portrait lens, and
thanks to the speed it
appears very bright in the viewfinder (easy focusing and composing).
I would recommend it, if you want to do macro up to 1:1

Wim.