[OM] Re: Analog Zuiko Lens tests on the E-1

Subject: [OM] Re: Analog Zuiko Lens tests on the E-1
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 16:01:43 -0700
That is one area that has puzzled me. I can sort of accept the
frequent assertion that they can design and build a lens covering a
smaller format with greater resolution to make up for the smaller
image. It is one part of the digital lens assertion by Oly I
swallowed. But here your 35/2.8 is getting a large format advantage.
Same resolution as the smaller format lens, but capable of returning
a lot more detail on a larger sensor or piece of film in the same way
that medium format even if the lens is not quite as good in some
cases still produces a more finely detailed image. And if this is
typical that a modern digital format lens does not resolve better
than and older 35mm lens then throwing away half the frame is not
helping your picture at all.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA