[OM] Re: Analog Zuiko Lens tests on the E-1

Subject: [OM] Re: Analog Zuiko Lens tests on the E-1
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 10:49:22 +1000
While the M3 had the longest Leica baseline it also had the lowest
magnification at .92 which negated the advantage to some extent, I
believe. The Contax (and Kiev) had the longest baseline (had to
modify your grip to avoid covering the RF window) and the new Voigt
R3a has a lifesize finder (and it's great).
Yes, Cos/Voigt make a 75mm but so does Leica which I suspect is more
of an incentive than rf design. Both the Voigt R2a and R3a have 75mm
and 90mm framelines.
I suspect that the long baseline issue was more to do with accurately
focussing fast lenses like the 50mm f1. I owned a CL for a while and
it was common knowledge that with its short baseline, using anything
below an f2 Summicron was a bad idea.
AndrewF