[OM] Re: Wedding shoot

Subject: [OM] Re: Wedding shoot
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 07:49:59 -0400
Ali wrote:

> Was it an american/european wedding? Its not uncommon in other cultures
> to have weddings later in the evening. What I hate is dueling
> photographers...me against the paid professional. I got into that
> situation about a year ago when the "pro" insisted his setup was better
> cuz he was using a N*kon and had a "speedlight"!

I hope you didn't really mean what this sounds like.

No matter how good you or your equipment, you would not be welcome at
any wedding where I was shooting if you came in with the assumption that
we're in a duel.  The pro is being paid to get the shot and it's nice if
you can get one too.  But don't expect kind treatment if you're in the
way or otherwise interfering with his ability to get the photograph he's
after.

If you get in the way to get your own shot you're directly interfering
with his ability to get the job done and his livlihood.  You're also
interfering with production of the product that your host has paid for.
  No matter how good your shot it won't be in the album.

Chuck Norcutt