[OM] Re: tripod for OM cameras (now architectural interiors)

Subject: [OM] Re: tripod for OM cameras (now architectural interiors)
From: Earl Dunbar <edunbar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 12:07:04 -0400
Strong ambient light is a problem with interiors that can be tough to
solve without flash.  A classic approach is double exposure, but mixing
light source types (tungsten and/or flourescent with daylight) is very
tricky ... much easier to do with b&w.  It's also hardly practical when
you are living in or using the space.

You could use tungsten studio lighting with gel filters over the sources
to balance the colour temperature, but again it takes a lot of effort.
Using bounced flash (with proper TTL or a flash meter) is the "easiest",
but it normally takes an assistant and as you say, you can't preview on
film unless you have a Polaroid camera for proofing.  A flash meter,
especially one that can record multiple readings so you can meter
different areas, is almost mandatory if you can't preview or use a
Polaroid.  How about using a small digicam to proof the lighting ratios?

Earl