[OM] Re: saturation problems (was Airshow photos - E-1 and C-60)

Subject: [OM] Re: saturation problems (was Airshow photos - E-1 and C-60)
From: Bernard Frangoulis <lists@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 12:33:36 +0200
>Chris, the sRGB color space, has a lower gamut than RGB, and was
>developed primarily for Offset Printing.
>For the web, it's better maintain the RGB colorspace.

Do you mean keep the Adobe RGB colorspace? No, I don't think this is true.

sRGB does have a "narrower" gamut than e.g. Adobe RGB, but is THE
colorspace that should be used for Web pictures as it can be
considered a "lower common denominator" for most monitors, and will
allow your photos to be viewed more or less adequately on any monitor.

Of course, the trade off is that when converting from the wider
colorspace you used when editing your picture to the narrower sRGB
colorspace, you will lose something. Currently, this is the price to
pay.

Bernard