[OM] Re: Adapter from Poland, was: Re: Aftermarket MA-1 adapters spotte

Subject: [OM] Re: Adapter from Poland, was: Re: Aftermarket MA-1 adapters spotted
From: alfredo pagliano <alfredo_pag@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 13:16:02 +0200
Bernard

To the best of my knowledge, ALL aluminium surfaces are anodized,
colours may vary from natural to black, and even tinted ones.

The case where aluminium is not anodized is even worst, since it
oxidizes, and the oxide will come away from the surface.

Just think of iron, the difference being that while rust does'nt adhere
on iron, the oxide on aluminium will be adherent, but not to the point
not to be worn away from continuous use.

A workaround for this, again suggestion from my friend, could be to
lube very SPAIRINGLY the alluminium parts undergoing friction, be it
against the camera flange or against the lens flange, that, by the way,
should be made of stainless steel.

Hope this could be of help.

Alfredo

http://mail.yahoo.it