[OM] Re: saturation problems (was Airshow photos - E-1 and C-60)

Subject: [OM] Re: saturation problems (was Airshow photos - E-1 and C-60)
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 20:22:26 +0800
Concerning color profile, the most common one are sRGB and Adobe RGB,
haven't heard of RGB color profile, may be you mean non-profiled.

You don't need to care which has boarder color gamut, most monitors are
profiled for sRGB, for accurate display you need sRGB profiled image. The
rest is the quality of the monitor and if you have proper device to
calibrate you monitor or not.

For DSLR I always shoot RAW and only use sRGB since most output devices
(including monitor and my Polaroid film printer) use this. If you use other
profile you still end up with the rout of converting profile and create
losses.

C.H.Ling