[OM] Re: Boston Camera Shop?

Subject: [OM] Re: Boston Camera Shop?
From: alfredo pagliano <alfredo_pag@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 19:43:27 +0200
Sorry, I wrote PX625 to give an idea of the model, they are in fact
some Weincell MRB625 batteries, these are air activated zinc batteries,
and totally non-toxic, to use them You have to peel off a small sticker
from the back of the battery and after about half an hour it will reach
maximum output.

They will last about six months, regardless from use.

I ordere the last stock on eBay, but the seller, Oldenglishina, no
longer stocks them

B&H Photo, sure has a great reputation, but ordering from outside the
U.S. is a nightmare, moreover, they, like Adorama do charge too much
for shipping via USPS only, and this simply is unacceptable.

Hunt's proposed me to ship 9 batteries for USD 44 including S&H to
Italy, about the same I would have paid from B&H only for shipping!

The price seems so low to me that made me doubt about Hunt's...

Any hint?

Alfredo

On Aug 30, 2005, at 7:22 PM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:

> Sorry, this has me very confused.  Hunt's is a long established store
> in
> the Boston area.  They have a good reputation but I would not call them
> low priced.  Generally cheaper to buy from B&H.
>
> What I'm really confused about, however, it your purchase of PX625
> batteries.  PX625's are mercury batteries and are illegal to sell in
> the
> United States.  I'm sure Hunt's would not sell such a thing so you must
> be speaking of some PX625 equivalent.
>
> Chuck Norcutt
>
> alfredo pagliano wrote:
>
>> I was just asking Hunts photo the shipping expenses for some PX625
>> batteries for my old Minolta colormeter.
>> I've never purchased from this shop, their price are good, for sure.
>> May I trust them?

> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

Yahoo! Messenger: chiamate gratuite in tutto il mondo
http://it.beta.messenger.yahoo.com