[OM] Re: Boston Camera Shop?

Subject: [OM] Re: Boston Camera Shop?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 14:31:17 -0400
I would not have any qualms about dealing with Hunt's.  They are an old,
well respected company in this area serving pro's as well as amateurs.

You definitely got a good price but it is not out of line with their
ebay sales price which is BIN at $6.99 for a pair.  At $3.50 each, nine
of them would be $31.50 so there is allowance for $12.50 for shipping.
I just weighed 3 real PX625's in individual packages at 0.8 oz. for all
three so your 9 MRB625's weigh perhaps 3 or 4 oz. at most.  Add another
4 oz. for packaging and it could be sent to Italy via USPS Airmail
Letter Post for $6.40 with delivery in 4-7 days.  Add a couple of
dollars for recorded delivery.  Not sure what the insurance provisions
are.  The price is certainly believable if they ship vis USPS.

I would have thought that Wein cells would sell for more like $5-6
apiece.  But since these are tightly tied to old film cameras and film
is dying a rapid death perhaps Hunt's has decided to divest themselves
of inventory before they can no longer sell it.

Chuck Norcutt