[OM] Better living through (free) chemistry

Subject: [OM] Better living through (free) chemistry
From: Andrew Dacey <adacey@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 10:48:15 -0300
I'm trying to clear out some stuff that I'm not using and don't
anticipate using.

When I bought my darkroom gear a few years back I got a lot of
powdered chemistry with it. Mostly it's developer (D-76 and Microdol-X
mainly) and it makes large batches. I'm not currently doing any B&W
developing at home and while I plan to do some in the future the
quantities that I can mix up with the powdered chemistry are not
practical for the volume of developing I anticipate doing.

So, I'm going to test the waters and see if there's anyone interested
in receiving some chemicals. I'll send them anywhere in the world
(barring import/export restrictions) for free if you'll pay the
shipping. The chemicals are old but powdered developer is pretty
stable so they should still be good (obviously I can't guarantee that
without mixing them up and testing the strength). I would ask though
that should you accept any chemicals and experience problems with them
that you dispose of them properly.

I'm just checking out for interest at this point. If people are
interested I can post a list of exactly what I have and the weight of
each item. Some of the stuff is pretty heavy so shipping costs may
prove prohibitive.

Also, if anyone has any info they'd like to share about how I should
declare this stuff on a customs declaration so that drug enforcement
agencies don't think I'm shipping stuff for people to set up a meth
lab that'd be really good. I imagine including the MSDS number and
possibly the chemical ingredients would be a good start.