[OM] Re: Katz Eye E-1 screen: first impressions

Subject: [OM] Re: Katz Eye E-1 screen: first impressions
From: Dan Mitchell <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 19:53:47 -0600
Walt Wayman wrote:
> The Katz Eye split prism focusing screen for the E-1 has arrived and is now
> installed.

  And mine showed up today -- not much to add beyond what Walt said,
really. It's trivial to install if you've done a focus screen before,
there's no blackout (with the "plus" model) to speak of -- to be fair,
stopping a 135/3.5 down to f22 it was pretty hard to see what was going
on in general, though.

  With manual focus lenses, it's possible to be sure I'm getting
accurate focus again, rather than having to cross my fingers and/or
bracket -- and even with the autofocus lenses, the split screen is still
nice to confirm that things are spot-on in focus.

  -- dan