[OM] Re: [OT] Re: Getting gassed - a rant.

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Re: Getting gassed - a rant.
From: "Paul Braun" <cygnus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 15:15:49 -0500
On 1 Sep 2005 at 16:04, Mark Dapoz wrote:

> On Thu, 1 Sep 2005, Wayne Culberson wrote:
> >
> > $1.30 cdn. per litre for 87 octane here in NB, Canada, today. I'm
> > not sure what it is today in Calais, ME, USA, which is where I
> > normally buy most of my gas. It usually runs about 20 to 25 cents a
> > litre cheaper there than here.
>
> The prices jumped from $1.04/l to $1.26/l here overnight.  I'd like to
> know why the price at the pump has gone up over double the increase at
> the wholesale level caused by Katrina!  Someone is taking advantage of
> the situation and screwing us yet again.
>      -mark

They showed on the news this morning at least one station in Georgia was
charging almost $7 a gallon for premium.  Georgia's governor was also on
the news saying they'd be following up, since they have access to the
wholesale pricing information and will come down on anyone doing
something like that....

Paul Braun
Valparaiso, IN

" It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." -- David St.Hubbins