[OM] [OT] E*ay madness

Subject: [OM] [OT] E*ay madness
From: Richard Lovison <rlovison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 17:34:17 -0400
I just purchased a Zuiko 40-150mm for my E-1 for $195 including shipping
from a private seller on e*ay. Very good price for a brand new lens
including hood. I received the package today and included with the beautiful
new lens was an invoice from a major camera supply house in New York (that I
have an account with) for a total of $280.90 billed to me with a correct
address but wrong phone numbers. Red flags went up and sirens sounded. ;-) I
called my credit card company and confirmed I was only charged $195, at
least for now. I then called the camera store and asked "what gives"? The
salesman indicated I purchased the lens from Amaz*n.com <http://n.com>.
Uhhhh, no I didn't. Needless to say the salesman took all relevant
information and indicated that the situation was indeed, very strange and
intended to solve the mystery. Being a bit cynical, I bet the lens was
purchased from Amaz*n with a bogus credit card. I have a feeling I better
not get too attached to this lens. :)

Richard