[OM] Re: Katz Eye E-1 screen: further impressions

Subject: [OM] Re: Katz Eye E-1 screen: further impressions
From: Dan Mitchell <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 22:34:06 -0600
  One weird thing: the focus screen, sort of, reverses the direction of
focus of lenses. Of course, that's not true -- but if I put a 50/1.8 on
my OM4t and push the bottom of the focussing ring to the right (turning
anticlockwise), then the bottom half of the split image moves to the
right. (and focus moves further away from me).

  If I do the same thing with the same lens mounted on an E1 with the KE
split-image screen, then focus still moves further away from me, but the
split image moves in the opposite direction -- if I push the bottom of
the lens to the right, the bottom half of the split image moves to the left.

  It was very weird feeling at first, but it hasn't taken long to
re-train myself. Does anyone know what would cause this? Is the slope on
the split image the other way around or something?

  -- dan